Block Club Chicago is looking for a part-time producer to join its podcast team.
The new Block Club Chicago podcast will feature voices from Chicago’s neighborhoods and the team’s reporters. The producer will gather and edit audio, conduct interviews, and at times, produce their own stories, and sometimes co-host the podcast. They will also have the opportunity to enterprise audio storytelling on their own.
- Some on-air radio or producing experience preferred.
- Must work well independently and be able to see a story through from inception to final product.
- Knowledge of Chicago’s neighborhoods is preferred.
- Strong interviewer, someone who knows a good clip when they hear one.
- Must have some experience in audio or video editing, and comfortable with audio or video editing software.
- Must manage their own schedule, communicate plans and deliver.
- A creative mind who doesn’t mind thinking outside the box and delivering content in a fresh, new way.
- Experience navigating social media (specifically TikTok) is a plus!
College training in broadcast journalism, or relevant broadcast journalism experience/training is preferred.
1–3 years experience in print, TV, radio, or podcasting preferred.
Pay and Hours
This is a part time position with flexible hours. 15–20 hours per week, typically between Monday-Friday during the day.
Pay depends on experience, between $18-$25 per hour.
How To Apply
To apply, Email a cover letter (the email itself can be your cover letter, just tell us why you’d be a good fit for the gig), resume and any links to audio you’ve worked on to newsroom (at) blockclubchi (dot) org along with two references.
Put “Podcast Producer Position” in the subject line, please!
Deadline for applications is April 20, 2021.
Block Club Chicago is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to everyone regardless of race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Block Club Chicago believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff makes us a better newsroom more able to accurately report on the neighborhoods of Chicago.